Pages

Wednesday, February 14, 2018

My Valentine

 
 
 
 
 
 
 

I have taken some time of absence from my blog because I got my very own apartment! I will be showing you some things I have been creating, some things I will be selling on Etsy.com, and some DIY projects I have been working on. For today though, I wanted to share with you something personal and real.

No matter what a person portrays on the outside you have to know that is not always what is truly going on in their life. My life recently has been a series of traumas that has brought me to a very sad state. I have had a hard time being myself, and taking care of myself. This has led me to a very interesting realization.

We now live in a world where it is very easy to “love yourself” aka take selfies, “feel yourself,” etc. but what isn’t easy is taking care of yourself and respecting yourself. I have a very hard time taking care of myself because I am a giver who wants to take care of other people, but what I have found throughout time is that taking care of yourself by putting your needs first is more important than loving yourself.

We are a culture of false images where we portray our lives to be a perfect façade, but that is a dangerous game because it does tend to make us focused on the wrong lifestyle. As today is the day of love I urge you to do as I have done and take a step back to reevaluate the way you treat yourself with your relationships and your life. Do you think you live a life that is fair to your needs? Do you take care of your emotions and wants? Do you feel as if you are on the life path that brings you the most joy possible, and has helped you achieve and/or follow your dreams?

If you, like me said no to any of these questions it is time to change that! Use this Valentine’s Day as a new door of life to walk into to really make sure the people in your life treat you the right way, and give you the love you deserve. We can only control ourselves and I can tell you from many different experiences I have encountered, if something isn’t working your gut is telling you the truth… it is not ever going to change.

As humans we are so desperate for companionship and love that we tend to sacrifice a lot of things we need in order to get what we crave, but the problem with that is that we then in the end live a life of disappointment. I think it is important to know what you need to be happy and make sure that not just the people you date, but each relationship in your life satisfies the needs you were born to have. It is not a bad thing to be a certain way and require a certain kind of love.

I have felt for a long time that I needed to sacrificed a lot of my needs to help the other people in my life, but that has not given me the strength to truly take care of myself (since I am too busy taking care of others). I watch a lot of people in my personal circle and in general do this very thing also, and it has brought me to a sad state where I realized we are not a culture that takes care of ourselves. Instead we focus on the outward image and go along with a lifestyle that does not satisfy.

If there is anything in your life making you feel like you cannot take care of yourself such as: communicate your feelings and be genuinely received, feel as if the people you surround yourself with truly appreciate you and either show you or tell you, have positive people in general around you, do the occasional things like buy yourself something you have been really wanting, and take pride in not just what you look like, but who you are. If you feel as if these things or one of these things are lacking make sure you take this Valentine’s Day or any day to try and change this.


It is important to be in a positive place in your life, and even if you think that is impossible I promise it is not! Love yourself because everyone deserves love, but most important take care of yourself, because you deserve a life of positivity and satisfaction. 
xoxo
Chelsea Nine 

0 comments:

Post a Comment