Pages

Thursday, October 19, 2017

Fashion Nova Jeans Obsession








Get the Look
Black Turtleneck: Marshall's 
Moon Necklace: Moonglow.com 
Wool Tan Cape: Amazon.com 
Sunglasses: Primark 
Jeans: Fashion Nova (of course)
Black Booties: Target

Finding that perfect pair of jeans is basically impossible. I know that I personally haven’t worn a pair of jeans in years! I have very high hips and a very dis-proportioned figure, so finding a pair of jeans I feel physically comfortable in is extremely hard. I would love the way I looked wearing jeans, but then I would sit down and literally lose circulation in my stomach because they rise higher on my stomach and lower on my back (due to my figure). I would get cramps and have to unbutton my pants whenever I could just because jeans gave me such physical pain.

I hate when people tell me I can wear whatever I want because I am tiny… that is the most frustrating thing I hear about clothes. No one, I repeat, no one has an easy time finding clothes, especially not petite women. Every pant I find that I like is too long for me, and I don’t like to spend a lot of money on pants since they usually get ruined (aka stretch out in between my thighs and eventually rip), so why would i get them tailored? Remember people... we all have something!

For years now I watched the girls around me put together these gorgeous ensembles wearing beautiful pairs of denim, and to be honest I felt really bad about myself because I couldn't wear them too. I just wanted to wear a pair of jeans and not lose circulation and get cramps… I just wanted to be “normal.” I started talking to my co-workers about my problems and my amazing boyfriend, and they all were very encouraging telling me that I shouldn’t give up on that perfect pair of jeans! So a couple weeks ago I decided to take a risk.

 I have been ordering a few items here and there from a website called Fashion Nova, and have been happy with my orders. They were, however, all spandex items so I wasn’t really worried about the fit. I love the site because they cater to trendy, affordable fashion, but also to girls with curves. They carry plus size items, as well as cropped so they really hit all of the “hard to find” sizes. The biggest issue in retail I used to hear day in and day out is that when you are a certain size it’s not necessarily that you can’t find clothes that fit it's that you can’t find cute clothes that fit you.

I am ecstatic to say I ordered a pair of jeans (shown above) and have never been so happy with a pair of pants! They fit perfectly, I mean perfectly and I cannot even believe it! When I pulled them on the first time I felt like I was in the movie The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants, as if they were some kind of miracle. They are high wasted which is why they fit me so well; other pants dig into my stomach (as I mentioned above) due to the fact that I really need pants to come up higher. They are also cropped so the length is perfect too! 

The shipping took longer than they said it would, which did frustrate me to be honest. The promised time is 2 business days, but they don’t mention that it is 2 business days after they ship it, and for me personally it took them about a week to ship it. However, the fact that they fit me so perfectly, felt so incredibly comfortable, and look like they cost me $50.00 or more when they actually only cost $28.40 with shipping (and a discount code) they are more than worth the wait.

I am now going to be ordering a few more pairs to wear to work (aka ones without rips) because I just can’t tell you enough that this is such an amazing site! I can’t speak for all the products, and I do know that the other items I ordered (aka skin tight body suits) were a bit thin, but still so comfortable and chic. I recently recommended Fashion Nova to one of my old co-workers she was skeptic about the site because they have bad reviews, but now is obsessed and keeps ordering! 

I think shopping online is always a risk since I learned in my fashion design courses that every store has their “croquis,” which is simply a basic sizing chart that may not be accurate, but is what the store bases their sizing off of. For example when you go to certain stores such as H&M you go grab your normal size 6 pants. You go into the dressing room or take them home and try to slide them on and can’t get past your calf!

Why is that? It’s because that stores “croquis” starts at a smaller size than a normal size 6. So they might start at a size 2 and call it a 6. You always have to be careful with sizing in general. I will go into more detail about this issue in another post as it is a HUGE problem with the industry. For now I will finish by saying I was a bit unsure about sizing until I slid them on, and felt like I was in a whole new world!

Try out the site yourself, and let me know! Have you ever ordered from this site before? How was your experience? Do you have a site to find those perfect jeans that you can’t stop raving about? I am always in the market to find new places and try new things, and I love to hear your feedback!

Below I listed a few different examples of some Fashion Nova jeans available on the site, and if you would like to try this incredible site out yourself, here you go: https://www.fashionnova.com/  


1 comments:

  1. Hey,
    Thanks for sharing this blog its very helpful to implement in our work



    Regards.
    Buy Clothes Online

    ReplyDelete