Pages

Monday, October 23, 2017

Picking Out the Poison















Get the Look
Black Bomber Jacket: Forever 21
Lace Crop Top: Primark
Olive Pants: Walmart
Black Quilted Clutch: Forever 21
Black Timberland Boots: Savers

In the world we live in today we are told “GO, GO, GO!” We are encouraged to put aside emotions, life, family, friends, and life moments all because we need to work. Then as life goes by we notice ourselves feeling weak, and sick from dealing with the daily poisons of the world all because we put our well being aside. 

All my life I have been told that I am all about “fun” and that I need to come down to reality. This always made me frustrated as I don’t think I am all about fun, as much as I am all about living my life. People put aside so much to go to work every day, and that is a really sad cultural norm that we have created for ourselves.

Fall is my favorite season for so many reasons, as I have mentioned before. It is a time of year where people come together to fulfill season traditions and holidays that celebrate expression & being thankful. Our culture is very much consumed by the need to push aside personal time in order to make money, and I do completely understand money makes the world go round, but not your well being.

Every fall I try to go to one of my favorite places in the world, Gould Hill Farm. It is an incredible place to go apple picking as it is high up in the mountains surrounded by the treasures of the world. I have been going to this particular orchard with my family since I was extremely little, and I really do try to go each and every year. It is important to take time for yourself, your family, your friends, even your pets, and you will realize that by taking time you are taking care of yourself.

 People push aside time as if the world has endless amounts of it when in reality we all have a ticking clock. Part of health and beauty is to take moments off from the restless culture to appreciate the world & people around us. Going to places we went to as a child and bringing the ones you love to create new memories is truly a gift. We may all have to grow up and join the real world, but we also need to remember how important it is to stay connected to our youth.

As I was walking around the orchard watching my boyfriend monkey his way up the trees I looked out at the incredible horizon and took a deep breath. It may not have been a long moment of gratitude, but it certainly was pure and full. Nature has a way of giving back to you just by you being engulfed in it. If you find yourself feeling sad, angry, stressed, anxious, depressed, restless, or any other negative feeling take a walk and focus on everything around you. I know it seems silly since this won’t make the pains go away, but being appreciative can sooth the soul.

Apple picking in this incredible orchard is one tradition I will always make an effort to uphold as it is just one day to be in the beauty of nature. As I get older I am able to take time for myself less and less, but I know it is sooooo important to do so! Take this season of thanks as a way to appreciate the things we have, the people that bless us, and the beauty of nature. Remember that traditions are here to give us a sense of stability in this forever changing life, and as much as life tends to consume us we have to make sure we step back.

I know you may be confused as a first time reader that I am writing about tradition as this is a “fashion, health & beauty blog,” but as I mentioned before health and beauty start with your mind and then your body. It is important to use these moments to heal our souls. For the fashion element I will say that this can also be a great time of expression and fun too! A lot of people will get all dressed up to go out and feel the fall. Families will get dolled up and use these beautiful places as backgrounds for Christmas cards.

As I mentioned in my Fall Shades & Color History post (see post below) during the fall season people are surrounded by color giving them a sense of excitement to dress up. Apple picking is always so fun for me as it gives me a chance to be inspired by color, and I usually wear candy apple reds, granny smith greens, or McIntosh maroons. Every year I get excited to celebrate the tradition of not only Gould Hill Farm, but also dressing up to feel my very best while enjoying every part of my day.

I always say if you look good you feel good, and how much more fun is it to look good & feel good while making memories you will carry with you forever? Dressing up doesn’t have to mean “dressing up” either! It simply means feeling good in what you are wearing. I notice a lot of people wear dresses to apple pick which I have done in the past too, as it is usually still hot out. This year I went very casual and wanted to feel good even if I wanted to climb a tree.

Remember to take time for yourself, remember to take time on your appearance maybe not all the time, but sometimes to feel good. Remember to enjoy the beauty of nature that we tend to forget about on day to day, and remember to create traditions that celebrate you & the ones you love! We don’t have endless time in this world, and it is a gorgeous one. Find those places that bring you a sense of bliss, and make an effort to go to them at least once a year! You will surely find that you will enjoy your life a lot more if you do, and remember we all must pick out the poisons life brings by appreciating the things we do have!

Where do you love to go apple picking? Is there a place you go every year? What traditions in your life bring you bliss? Let me know! The best way to make new traditions is by sharing them with others and finding new places to explore! If you too would like to visit my piece of heaven visit: http://www.gouldhillfarm.com/ 

0 comments:

Post a Comment