Pages

Thursday, October 5, 2017

Moon Fairy











As the leaves start to turn so does my spirit, and I am filled with excitement about all the fun activities the fall brings! This is my favorite time of year for so many reasons, but my favorite reason is the change in wardrobe. Even when the days are hot (like it was in the photos above) you can still find some fall cheer in the color schemes that are brought back with the autumn season.

Not only do I love the olive greens, the heightened black, the burgundy, aubergines, and caramel tones, but I also love how excited people are to express themselves. Every fall I watch as the people around me who usually don’t care about what they wear are now excited to wear their favorite poncho, or their brand new boots, etc. It is nice to see others get excited to look good, feel good!

Even though in my ensemble above I am still sporting a “summer look” I still went with the fall vibes wearing a burgundy, lace crop top, a black choker (for a witchy feel), and a black midi skirt, paired with some (witchy) pointed toe flats. I wanted to give off that dark fairy vibe that makes my tummy flutter with excitement for the holiday to come.

I love Halloween just as much as the fall season because it gets people excited to be expressive and creative. I love how everyone feels drawn to the moon and the wonders of the night like I do every evening. I recently started reading a book about lunar patterns and how to use them to manifest your desires. The book is called Moonology. Now before you think I am mad let me explain a little…

If you have ever watched the documentary The Secret or heard of the book Ask and It Is Given you are familiar with this idea. If you have not please look into those two things and see how much it benefits your life! It is a way of changing your mindset to set out positive energy into the universe. How does this relate to fashion or style you ask?

The whole point of getting ready for the day is to feel like your best self; to express yourself feel good in your own skin, and be happy with yourself. When we feel out of control in our lives we tend to feel less excited to self-express. So not only do I want to encourage you to feel like your best self physically, but I also want to help you feel amazing mentally (In the best way I can!).

I have seen many examples of the power of manifestation in my life. This means thinking, picturing, believing, and sending out your wishes into the universe in order for the universe to grant your wishes… okay so now you think I am really crazy… Actually I am not as crazy as one may think. A lot of extremely successful people all throughout history use these mantras, and the people that followed it are in fact the people who changed our nation & our world!

The book Moonology follows this same idea of both The Secret & Ask and It Is Given, but this idea follows the patterns of the moon in order to have more powerful manifestations. What are manifestations? Ever want something really bad, like a vacation or a new job? Did you know that the universe wants you to be your very best self and will actually assist you in this process if only you believe it as a fact and ask?

This past New Moon I used the guide given to me in my Moonology book that said a great way to manifest your desires (in order to feel like your best self) is to make a “New Moon List.” It is an amazing way to begin this season by making a list of things you want to make reality. All you have to do is think of some things you have been dealing with, such as: troubles with a relationship, the desire to find a new place to live… maybe you have a big dream like I do that you want to accomplish one day, but don’t believe it is possible! This is the time to ask the universe for the things you desire.

Whether or not you believe this idea of manifestation to be true I still urge you to give it a try! Your brain is soooo powerful, but when we are not focused it is hard for us to accomplish the things we want to make our reality. I know I have had a very hard time this year and faced  many tough trials in my life. I needed a clean slate and a pure mindset. So I created a New Moon List with my two roommates.

We sat down on the couch together played some relaxing music, lit some candles, and sat quietly as we wrote down each item on our list. In the book it says to stick to 10 things you want to become a reality in your life. As you write down each item picture it as a fact, imagine it as if you were telling your friends/family it has happened. When you write them use key words like, “I will,” or “I am” if you believe something or crave something sometimes the universe (or God or whomever you believe in) will grant those wishes.

After you have visualized and written down your ten wishes (or goals if this seems more like you) read them allowed to your group or to yourself. Re-imagine them as you say them out loud and then after you are done say, “These are the things I desire, I ask you grant them, but you know best not I… whatever will be, will be… Thank you for blessing me.” Sounds a little silly, but I promise you won’t feel silly… you will feel cleansed.

Think I am crazy? Do more research, read the books, or watch the documentary. Whether or not you believe it a lot of people use this practice of manifestation, and it has benefited them immensely! I know I truly have seen many examples of this working in my life before I even knew I was using manifestation. Just believing in the things you want can make them real, but you can’t believe it once and expect it to appear. Some things (wishes) take time and many moons to manifest so don’t count it out if it doesn’t happen after one try.

Make your own New Moon Wish List, and see what happens. The author of Moonology, Yasmin Boland says to make it fun! Doodle, maybe even draw out your list, be creative with paint or colored pencils… keep it out & remind yourself of what you want in order to keep your mind focused. Then next new moon look back on your list see what manifested. You know how things happen in funny ways… well they say everything happens for a reason, and the universe has a funny way of bringing things to you. All you have to do is ask!

If you are interested in learning about these books or the documentary I mentioned here is how:

v  Moonology- Available at Amazon.com or through the author’s website http://www.moonology.com/
v  The Secret- Available on Netflix.com, and/or Hulu.com
v  Ask and It Is Given- Available at Amazon.com or the author’s website http://www.abraham-hicks.com/lawofattractionsource/askitisgiven.php





0 comments:

Post a Comment